The goal of the project was to create with maximum involvement of the city residents a methodology for development of a user-friendly mobile application. The following methods were used to engage the residents: public poll, interviews with ordinary residents and officials, mapping of usage scenarios, development of navigation schemes, prototype development and testing. About 200 city residents took part in the mobile application development.
- A public poll determined the aspects that are of most interest to the residents in connection with the planned mobile application. Although there were a bit fewer respondents than expected, the distribution of topics in the replies was good.
- The people were given a chance to express their opinions at a very early stage, the opinions were taken into account and the results have served as a platform for development of a user-friendly application.
- The schedule was quite tight and the most time-consuming activity was the analysis of the information provided by the city residents.
- This involvement of the residents has been of real use because a functioning application has already been developed and it can now be improved.
- People should be involved as early as possible and their opinions must be taken into account.
- Facebook served as an excellent channel of communication with the city residents as the posts inviting all to take part in the public poll gained prominence. Users tend to react rapidly.
- As much time as possible should be allocated for information analysis.