The main goal with the Facebookpage was to increase the demographics of the participating citizens. At the public meetings it is often a very narrow demographic, which is represented – only the truly passionate people show up, which is sometimes not enough to create a fruitful involvement. At the Facebookpage a lot more people participated.
Evaluation: The project group has done two evaluations:
1.Of the Facebook group (internally in the project-team), which is uploaded on a Facebooksite about digital citizenship - http://www.facebook.com/trine.egeberg.elkjaer. This evaluation also founded the writing of a model for evaluation city renewal project. The model proposes 10 evaluation parameters:
• Concrete ideas
• Demographic engagement
• Knowledge of the projects
• Maintenance of the citizens
• Maturity of the mental state of mind when renewing the city
• Identification of new partners
• Internal learning
• Synergy between network IRL (physical reality) and online on Facebook
2. A general evaluation that is visible on the Municipality web. This evaluation also founded the writing of a model for evaluation city renewal project.
Final decision: The project group categorized the ideas in different themes like: Park for concerts and markets, Science Park, play- and exercise area, botanical garden etc. The ideas are now (beginning of 2012) being evaluated at a political level. This was supplemented by a public event where all the ideas were exhibited. Afterwards is has been decided to reopen the park.
Feedback: The page is being used by the project-group to keep the citizens updated on the process (news channel) and post pictures etc. Also the press.